Click Here to Read what Jon's clients are saying.
IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY, JON WU
1973-Present. Recent experience limited to prosecution of all types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas, such as E-1, F-1, H-1B, L-1, RIR, National Interest, Multinational Executives, Exceptional and Extraordinary Ability, adjustment of status, 601 waivers, family based IV, consulate processing, defense of deportation in immigration and federal courts. Early experience includes preparation and trials in various cases, including criminal, injury, commercial and juvenile.
American Immigration Lawyers Association ("AILA")
- 1992 to the present: Annual Conference speaker, writer, moderator, day coordinator.
- 1993 Chair, AILA National Delegation to China. Publish report of findings.
- 1993 - 1994 Chair, AILA National PRC Task Force.
- 1992 Liaison, AILA Northern California Chapter - U.S. Dept. of Labor.
State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, Immigration & Nationality Law Advisory Commission
- 1993 - 1994 Commission Chair.
- 1990 - 1993 Commission member. Evaluate and develop standards for certification as specialists in immigration law; draft and prepare written examinations, evaluate and develop procedures for implementation of Board policies.
State of Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries.
- 1979-1981 Administrative law judge. Adjudicate labor law cases related to unlawful employment practices. Issue written orders based on findings of fact and conclusions of law.
Honorable Charles O. Porter, Member of Congress (Ret.), Fourth District of Oregon.
- 1973-1974 Law Clerk/Research Attorney.
- U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals; U.S. District Court of Oregon; U.S. District Court, Northern District of California; Supreme Courts of California (1981) and Oregon; (1973- current inactive status); American Immigration Lawyers Association; Asian American Bar Association.
Organization Of Chinese Americans.
- President. San Mateo-Peninsula Chapter. 1993
- Board of Directors. 1990 - 1996.
San Francisco Senior Center.
- Treasurer. 1991.
- Board of Directors. 1988-1990.
KCBC Radio, Global Broadcast Communications. San Francisco, CA.
- Host. Listener call-in talk show on subjects related to U.S. immigration law. 1988-1990.
North Peninsula Mandarin School. San Mateo, CA.
- Vice Principal, Board of Directors and General Counsel. 1988 to present.
World Journal and Sing Tao Daily. (Chinese language daily newspapers of general circulation distributed throughout the U.S.) Columnist. Write articles on U.S. immigration laws in response to written questions submitted by readers. 1990 - 1994.
Chinese Journal. (Monthly publication of general news by CJ Publishing Inc., San Francisco, CA.) Columnist, "Immigration Mail Box." Write responses to questions submitted by readers on U.S. immigration laws. 1990-1993.
Education & Foreign Language Ability
Boston University School of Law. J.D. 1973.
- Highest Honors Moot Court, Oral Argument & Brief.
- Clinical prosecutor, Suffolk County District Attorney, Boston, MA.
University of Oregon.
- M.S., Interdisciplinary Studies. Dean's List. 1970.
- B.S., General Social Science. Dean's List. 1969.
Fluent Spoken Cantonese, Mandarin, Shanghainese.